Personal injury accidents tend to result in severe physical, emotional, and financial damages. This often leads victims to pursue legal action. This allows them to get justice for their suffering as well as recover compensation as coverage for these damages. When facing these situations, it is important to retain the services of an experienced Pennsylvania personal injury attorney for assistance.
What Should I Bring to the Meeting?
When meeting with a personal injury attorney for the first time, it is important to be prepared. This involves gathering all necessary documentation regarding your case so that the attorney has an outline of the situation at hand. Important documentation can include the following:
- A written description of how the accident and your injuries occurred.
- A copy of the police report from the accident.
- The names and contact information of any witnesses to be used for testimony.
- Your medical records to prove your injuries.
- Receipts of all expenses relating to the injuries. This can include any out-of-pocket expenses for treatment and in-home care.
- Photos or videos of the accident and your injuries
- Your insurance information. This can include health, automobile, renter, or homeowner policies.
- Any contact with the other party or their insurance company. This can include letters, emails, phone calls, etc.
- Any questions for the attorney regarding your case
What Questions Will I Be Asked?
Documentation is an important part of the first meeting with a personal injury attorney. However, it is not the only part. In addition to this, the attorney will also ask a variety of questions pertaining to you and the case. The questions that may be asked during an initial consultation can include:
- What injuries do you have? How are you feeling?
- Have you seen a doctor? What was the prognosis?
- Did you talk to any other lawyers or insurance representatives?
- What medical and automobile insurance coverage do you have?
- Did you give a statement about the accident to your insurance company?
- Where are you employed/what do you do? How long have you worked there?
- Have you ever been in an accident before?
Contact our Firm
Attorney Newman has represented clients in Pennsylvania for over 45 years. If you need an experienced attorney to help guide you through the personal injury claims process or with any criminal defense matters, Attorney Newman is ready to help. Contact The Law Office of Neal E. Newman today to schedule a consultation.